The mission provided by the design firm Alliance Prévention Incendie allows, in addition to the compulsory periodic verifications (annual by an expert technician and triennial by a recognised organisation) to inform the operator regarding the general operating condition of his mechanical smoke extraction installation.
This mission applies to all the operators having mechanical smoke extraction installations (natural/mechanical and/or mechanical/mechanical) wether it is controlled or not by a fire safety system of category A or B.
The aim of that audit is to inform the operator of the general operating condition of his smoke extraction installation. That audit can also be used as a basis for work in case of a renovation and/or improvement of the smoke extraction and fire safety system.
That mission includes:
- Analysis of the whole of the documents available online (plans, calculation etc..)
- Analysis of the conformity of the smoke extraction installations with the regulation in force on the day of the visit.
- Verification of the overall functioning of the smoke extraction installation’s (automatic and manual control, deferral of disturbance informations, etc…)
- In-situ verification of all of the elements contributing to the smoke extraction proper functioning (shutter, hatch, etc…) ;
- Comprehensive measures on all speed of air passage and on flow rates etc…
- Deferral of all the measures in a summary table that allows a comparison with flow rates references.
- Comparison of the results obtained with the regulatory references supplied by the IT246 in case the flow rates references would not be provided.