Compulsory document for institutions dealing with public, irrespective of its type and category
The safety register constitutes the legal and criminal protection of the chief of the institution.
This document is regulated by the article R123-51 of the building and habitatinoal code.
The main function of the safety register is to provide the memorandum of the instutition It provides the ID card as well as the safety monitoring of the institutionin its lifetime. (extracted from « Safety Against »)
Regarding the institutions dealing with public, the fire safety is related to the safety regulation approved by the decree of June 25th, 1980, modified and appended to the Building and Habitational code. The chief, in his capacity of operator, has to update the safety register recording the information essentials to the proper functioning of the institution, in conformity with the article 123-51,.
It includes :
The aide-memoire :
The useful adresses and necessary phone numbers are registered and frequently updated.
– the condition of the employees in charge of the fire safety
– the various, general or specific, instructions established in case of a fire.
– the dates of various inspections, checking, as well as the observations that has been raised
– the dates of transformation and alteration work, their nature, the names of the entrepreneur(s) and, if necessary, of the architect or technician in charge of supervising the work.
– the evacuation protocol for the persons in situation of disability (motor, visual, hearing disabilities, leg in a cast…)
In any case, the immediate evacuation remains the main rule for the individuals able to get out of the building on their own or with any human help available at the moment.
However, when that is impossible, the new regulation (article GN8 of the safety regulation against fire) includes a deferred evacuation. The protocol identifies the measures ensuring the safety of the individual : a selected place for the deferred evacuation (that place must be pointed out) and the employees in charge of accompanying the individual during the entire period of evacuation.
When there is no secured waiting area, it is recommended to take advices from the municipality and safety commission that are supposed to approve the device.
Those measures must be accompanied by explicit and reliable evacuation instructions intended to make the student feel confident (the parents must be informed.)
The register must be at the disposal of the safety commission.